Jacob Ross Talent Solutions
Analytics Engineer – Modern data stack
DBT, Fivetran, Snowflake, BigQuery, Looker etc
£60,000 – £65,000pa plus profit share bonus
Brighton – Mixture of remote and office (flexible)
An exceptional consultancy with a reputation of service excellence and data evangelism, based out of Brighton, are actively looking to add to their team currently based on their incredible pipeline of work.
They help fast-growing and data-rich businesses to build an analytics capability that scales.
Using systems like Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Google BigQuery and Looker they work with clients to design, build and support innovative analytics solutions that empower end users to answer their own questions – They are experts in the modern data stack.
As an Analytics Engineer, you will be able to work with our clients to put robust, well documented analytics solutions in place using modern data stack tools such as Fivetran, dbt and Looker.
Some of the things you could be doing include:
- Data Stack implementation/deployment
- Configuring data warehouses
- Modelling data into insightful schemas
- Cleaning and transforming raw data into consumable information and business logic
- Testing data to ensure it is of high quality
- Documenting business logic and data definitions
- Ensuring data models are running reliably in the production environment
- Developing dashboards, explorations and visualising data
- Training clients on the infrastructure, maintenance and use of the system
What skills will you need to have
- Real-world experience with modern data stack tools such as dbt, Looker, Fivetran, Google BigQuery and/or Snowflake
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and technical skills, a head for numbers and an attention to detail
- An excellent grasp of SQL, data modelling, cloud data warehousing and database design
- Experience using software development methods (git, CI/CD, code reuse etc) in an analytics context
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to translate key requirements into actionable technical requests
- A keen commercial awareness in order to understand stakeholders challenges and identify needs beyond the immediate
*Profit share is paid quarterly and is 4% of gross profits distributed equally between permanent employees working in the delivery team.
This is a great opportunity to work with a data & analytics team who really know what they are doing, and who are highly visible and well respected via a highly popular data podcast series alongside regularly speaking at industry leading data & analytics conferences.
In short, you will be working with like minded data professionals who are experts in their field which will enable you to enhance your career in a significant way!