Business Analyst – Data & Insights
Jacob Ross Talent Solutions
Business Analyst – Data & Insights
Sale, Manchester (just off the m60) Hybrid mix of 2/3 days office & remote with flexible start and end working hours
£45,000 – £50,000pa – Plus 10% bonus paid quarterly, private healthcare and large L&D budget per employee in the data & insights team to learn new skills including Data Science, Machine Learning, NLP..
Would you be excited to work in a cloud environment with a Data & Insights team who are absolute key to the success of this fast growing, next generation business?
Are you someone who would thrive in truly data driven culture, where you would be central to decision making across both new product development strategies and operational efficiencies?
UKs largest essential service provider who supply almost 200k businesses with their gas, electricity, water, insurance, card payment terminals, mobile, broadband and telecoms services.
They have won numerous awards over the years and this is because our colleagues and customers are at the heart of everything we do. With offices in Glasgow, Central Manchester, South Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Ipswich, and Nottingham and employing over 1000 people and growing … fast!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data and really understands what data users need and how they will realise value from a data outcome when it is delivered
The role will be responsible for developing a contemporary BA approach to identify business data needs across the enterprise, always keeping end business and end-value at the forefront
Responsibilities of the role (What we want you to do)
As an experienced Business Analyst, our client is looking for someone who is passionate about data & the insights this provides an organisation.
The role will be responsible for developing a contemporary Business Analyst approach to identify business data needs across the wider business, always keeping end business and end-value at the forefront!
- Implementation and orchestration of a clear and simple methodology for capturing user requirements and organising into a backlog
- Effective ways of work that ensure that delivery squads understand what is expected and are closely engaged with their stakeholders
- Improving end-user satisfaction by ensuring that outcomes that are delivered meet their needs and align to business strategy
Experience (What you need to have already done to be right for this role)
- Strong background in business analysis, with a focus on data, MI and reporting projects
- Proven experience in building a backlog of user requirements and user stories in an agile delivery environment, with understanding of the principles of product management
- Working experience or familiarity with data reporting, insight and visualisation tools including Power BI, Looker, Tableau or similar
Qualifications and other requirements
- 2-4 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role
- Agile experience
- Demonstrable understanding of data engineering, data analysis and/or data science
In return for your hard work, you’ll get..
- Core benefits including pension contributions and life assurance
- Great discounts on 100s of high street and online stores
- 25 days holiday and the option to buy up to 5 days more
- Cycle to work and travel loans for people wanting a greener commute
- Wellbeing support including 24/7 access to a GP, mental health support, get fit programmes and free legal and financial guidance
The important extras
- Amazing on-site facilities, such as free on-site gym, free parking, subsidised café and to top it off an on-site subsided bar for after-work drinks, quiz nights and social events
- Opportunities to get involved in charity fundraising and volunteering days through our giving back movement
- Flexible start and end working hours to fit around family/general life outside of all things data!
Interviews set to take place this week and next, via a simple interview process via MS Teams. You will be meeting with a warm and welcoming team who will guide you through the interview process.