Data & BI Lead
Jacob Ross Talent Solutions Ltd
Data Strategy & BI Lead
London and/or UK Remote
£90,000 – £100,000pa + Bonus
Are you a true Data Evangelist / Data Strategist currently and not enjoying the environment or culture of the business you work for? Possibly because of the lack of support or real belief within the wider business with what you are trying to achieve?
If so, this is a company, who prides itself on their phenomenal culture based around autonomy, self starting ‘can do’ attitude and real data evangelism, is someone you should really have on your radar!
They are a new client of mine, one I have been wanting to recruit for, for a very long time as its a company I would work for myself in a heartbeat! Their glassdoor reviews of employees working there currently and previously are 5* !
‘Strong culture across the group with sub cultures within each specialism allows to feel part of a big family while also being part of something very focused and meaningful to the market. Very talented people. Projects in the hottest areas of tech. Very cool customers to work with. There is an opportunity to really drive the direction of the firm at this stage and voices are encouraged and listened to from all levels’
On to the role…
The successful person they are looking for needs to be skilled at analysing, interpreting and presenting back large amounts of complex data in meaningful and relevant ways for a variety of target audiences, creating and using rich visual representations for data such as dashboards, reports, and presentations.
A Data Strategist and BI Lead will be able to identify and translate clients requirements, briefing team members with clearly defined deliverables for business intelligence and performance reports that help reveal the insights needed to inform the client’s strategic direction and develop a variety of data strategies for different clients.
The individual will have a passion for being their resident BI platform expert, with a clear ambition to be seen as the go-to for any requests to produce insightful data storytelling and meaningful visual dashboards and reports.
The first key deliverable is implementing a repeatable approach to scale, guiding their clients by identifying opportunities for strategic customer centric & business data storytelling. At the same time, support our business strategy of becoming the strategic performance management partner for key accounts and positively impacting their organisations through visual data storytelling and action oriented data insights.
The second key deliverable is building on the first and working as an internal change agent to drive and mature their client and PM teams knowledge and approach to data engagements, improving our data
literacy, BI methodologies and visual storytelling.
The role is a Craft Lead in their business, an influential leader who defines how others learn their craft and helps establish standard practices when engaging in work. Working with a great team of Digital Business
Strategists, Digital Experience Strategists, Data Strategists, Data Scientists and their engineering teams to understand what data needs to be used to measure the performance against key business goals.
Ultimately, they need to rely on the individual’s abilities to become a trusted advisor and partner for their clients. You will have the opportunity to work across multiple clients, giving you the chance to apply your knowledge and skills across different B2C and B2B clients.
Core Skills & Competencies required to be successful:
● A minimum of five years of experience in Data Strategy and Business Intelligence
● Proven experience and product knowledge of a data visualisation tool such as Power BI, Data Studio, Tableau, Looker.
● Identifying and establishing strategies and requirements for large and/or complex data sets, ensuring they will deliver key insights, through appropriate data visualisation techniques.
● Specifying transformations, enhancements and integrations of large data sets, to deliver business intelligence requirements.
● Acting as a key point of contact for clients, for any BI and visualisation requirements.
● Interface directly with client stakeholders and management.
● Define, document and communicate both high level and detailed business data requirements
● Work with cross-functional teams to define BI, data and visualisation solutions, then writing detailed requirements (and/or stories) that accurately describes solution to be developed
● Advise clients on BI, data, and visualisation best practices and business processes
What additional specific skillsets are they looking for?
● Power BI! Specifically experience establishing, administering and maintaining an enterprise Power BI solution for a medium/large company? This is not a hands on Developer role as you will have a team for this but someone who has managed Power BI Enterprise level Solutions.
*This role isn’t also a Power BI solely focused role as you will be working with multiple technologies including Tableau and Looker, however Power BI is seemingly in high demand with a good % of customers of their right now*
● Experience Architecting, implementing, and/or maintaining cloud data pipelines, large data storage and analysis services in (but not exclusively) GCP or Azure.
● Experience with Google Analytics / Adobe Analytics at an Enterprise Data Strategy level
£90,000 – £100,000 + Bonus
Substantial annual training budget for personal development
Limitless career opportunities to progress – c1600 employees worldwide
Remote working – You can be based anywhere in the UK and be given the very latest tech to set yourself up from home
The BEST line manager – Fully supportive, encouraging and will in still incredible self belief in you to bring out the very best in you. I would work for him tomorrow!