Jacob Ross Talent Solutions Ltd
£70,000 – £80,000 depending on experience
London (Remote options also)
Do you have solid Talend Engineering experience plus exposure to one of either Azure, AWS ,GCP or Snowflake?
Are you confident liaising with senior client personnel to establish requirements and discuss potential development strategies?
If so, this role really does provide an exceptional opportunity to be a part of something truly special. This a Global Consultancy with significant investment from a recent acquisition.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing, ambitious company.
Working across a variety of cloud environments, your role is to turn business ideas into full data architectures on either existing or new enterprise developments. The ideal candidate has a deep technical knowledge of modern data architecture, Talend Data Platform, and possesses a desire and passion for supporting other members of the team. For Senior roles experience of ESB and MDM would also be advantageous.
You will act as a subject matter expert involved in a variety of projects and you will be someone who enjoys working with a team and mentoring others. You will attend workshops and meetings to provide support to both existing customers and for pre-sales engagements.
You will be someone who thrives in identifying challenges and delivering improvements, thinks analytically and has great communication skills . You will work pro-actively to increase knowledge of the business beyond the delivery team, including how our commercial and production teams work.
You will have worked in a similar role before and are looking to expand your experience and expertise, building on your ideas and experience from previous roles. You will work hard to ensure the correct underlying architecture is in place for other teams to build their solutions upon.
You will have a solid grounding in Computer Science and Software Engineering principles, either from a formal education background or through extensive experience in your career. As well as being technically strong, you will also have an understanding of business and how our work within the delivery team contributes to the success of the business as a whole.
Some of the activities that you will engage in include:
- Working within the delivery team, design and build solutions using the Talend product set
- Develop and enforce data integration processes, templates, design patterns, frameworks, best practices and technical standards around Talend
- Use hands-on technology experience to conduct proofs of concept and prototypes to prove out new technology and innovative ideas in search for competitive advantages
- Design and implement data ingestion techniques for real time and batch processes for a variety of sources into a variety of systems using Talend
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to junior team members where required
- Design and develop ELT and ETL solutions focused on moving data from highly diverse data landscape into a centralised data lake; also architect, design solutions to acquire semi/unstructured data sources, such as sensors, machine logs, click streams
- Serve as an expert in efficient Talend ETL, data quality, and data consolidation
What skills will you need
- 3+ years experience in an IT Consulting role
- Use of the Talend product suite
- Data governance, data quality, profiling, ESB, MDM, data modelling
- Working with cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, GCP; Snowflake experience would be beneficial
- Building data solutions involving data architecture, data integration, business intelligence and data analytics
- Strong SQL /Java skills
Please send me your CV if you are interested in this role and we will arrange a call to discuss the opportunity further!