Lead Data Engineer
Jacob Ross Talent Solutions Ltd
Lead Data Engineer – Azure
London / Remote working
£80,000 – £100,000 pa
Are you an experienced Data Engineer who has worked across the Azure platform?
Do you have a good knowledge of Machine Learning concepts (e.g. tree-based methods, logistic / linear regression, neural networks) and their practical applications?
Do you want to work for a multi-national company who with real career progression opportunities?
They were founded in San Francisco in 2012 to develop a Framework, based on HTML5, ExtJS / Angular / React, Node.js, C++ (addon Node.js) and mongoDB technologies. This unique Web framework allows them to generate a new breed of multi-tenant, collaborative Web applications.
The framework is used by other development teams in the group to build accounting, tax and payroll software of over 100 000 companies worldwide. They are a true market leader in the field and very well respected.
As the Lead Data Engineer, you will integrate into a scrum team, based in London (of 11 people at the moment as they are growing fast!) (7 developers, 3 data scientists & 1 QA).
They are automating bookkeeping of small businesses using machine learning. They then process the documents in order to generate their accounting and then accountants only have to review and validate. They have about 10,000 small businesses using this robot and they provide software for the accounting of more than 1 million small businesses.
Scope of the role :
- Create and maintain data pipelines to extract, transform and load data from various data sources.
- Manage prototyping environment for the data-scientists.
- Working with DevOps to automate pipeline from/to production environments
- Support data scientist to write scalable pre-processing and training jobs.
- Setup analytics tools to monitor models accuracy.
What skills will you need
- Understanding of machine learning concepts
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- AKS (Kubernetes on Azure)
- Python / PyData stack
This is a rare opportunity to join a true market leader where you your skills will be highly valued.
They are not offering sponsorship currently so please only apply if you are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Interviews to take place ASAP so don’t delay if you are interested in this one!